- What did he do to deserve a 1976 Kellogg's card?
- Madlock was the NL batting leader (.354) in 1975
- 1976 Highlights:
- Got in a fight with Jim Barr and catcher Marc Hill of the Giants on May 2. For some reason Barr was allowed to stay in the game and Madlock was ejected, even though Barr had already been warned for brushback pitches and had hit Madlock with a pitch right after the warning.
- Got into a skirmish with two men as he was going into his hotel room on September 25. The men escaped with $50-$60 and Madlock ended up with a contusion on the back of his head.
- Won his second straight batting title with a .339 batting average, barely beating out Ken Griffey on the last day of the season. Griffey was batting .338 and Madlock was batting .333 on the season's final day. Griffey didn't start in his game, but was quickly inserted when the Reds found out that Madlock was having a big game.
- Finished 6th in NL MVP voting.
2011 Allen & Ginter Hobby
4 hours ago