- What did he do to deserve a 1976 Kellogg's card?
- As this card indicates, at the time Jim had the most wins of any active pitcher
- Kaat had won at least 20 games in each of the last two seasons
- Finished fourth in AL Cy Young Award balloting in 1975
- Went 20-14 with a 3.11 ERA in 1975
- Pitched two scoreless innings in the 1975 All Star Game
- 1976 Highlights:
- Traded to the Philadelphia Phillies before the 1976 season
- Went 12-14 with a 3.48 ERA
- Won the 15th of his 16 consecutive Gold Glove awards
- Started game 3 of the League Championship Series and allowed two runs in six-plus innings pitched. Did not figure in the decision.
Mike Newby, College Transfer - 11
2 hours ago