- What did he do to deserve a 1976 Kellogg's card?
- Tom Seaver was one of the best (if not the best) pitchers in baseball in the 1970s.
- In 1975 Seaver won his third NL Cy Young Award and was an NL All Star
- Tom led the NL in wins (22) and in strikeouts (243)
- 1976 Highlights:
- Was a holdout during spring training but agreed to terms and became baseball's highest paid pitcher on April 5.
- Had a rough stretch in May, losing four straight starts.
- Pitched two innings in the All Star Game and allowed a solo home run to Fred Lynn
- Had a record of 14-11 with a 2.59 ERA
- Led the NL with 235 strikeouts (his ninth straight 200-plus strikeout season)
Jim Eddy, Some Competition - 58
2 hours ago