- What did he do to deserve a 1976 Kellogg's card?
- Finished a close second to John Montefusco in NL Rookie of the Year voting in 1975
- Batted .270 with 17 HR and 68 RBI in 144 games in 1975
- Was Montreal's representative in the 1975 All Star Game -- played left field in the 9th inning
- 1976 Highlights:
- Batted .219 in 91 games
- Gary turned 22 in the beginning of the 1976 season -- the nickname "Kid" was still a good fit at the time
- Gary just found out that he has four small tumors on his brain. He is going in for further tests this week. My prayers and best wishes are with Mr. Carter and his family during this tough time.
- Edit 16 February 2012: Gary passed away today at the age of 57.
Stars of the 1960s: Brooks Robinson
44 minutes ago