- Bake McBride was off to a fine start. He was the NL Rookie of the Year in 1974.
- McBride was selected as a member of the 1976 NL All Star team. He didn't play in the game.
- Bake had an injury-riddled 1976 season. He missed three weeks in May with an injury and also missed most of the first two weeks of July due to knee problems.
- McBride had knee surgery in early August and missed the rest of the 1976 season.
- Bake played in 72 games and batted .335 in 1976.
- Before peak, peak or after peak? peak
My First Cards of the New Year
1 hour ago