- Bert Campaneris was an AL All Star from 1972-1975.
- Campaneris played out his option in 1976 in order to become a free agent after the season. Oakland owner Charlie Finley cut Bert's salary the maximum 20% (from $90,000 to $72,000).
- In his final season with the A's, Campaneris batted .256 in 149 games and had a pukey .291 slugging percentage. He also stole 54 bases.
- Bert signed a five-year, $950,000 contract with the Texas Rangers after the 1976 season.
- After leaving Oakland, Campaneris had only one more full season (1977). He struggled offensively in 1978 and became a part-time player.
- Before peak, peak, or after peak? after peak or very end of peak
Oh Cey Can You See
6 hours ago