- Chris Speier had his best offensive run from 1971-1975
- Speier was an NL All Star in 1972, 1973, and 1974
- Chris was very optimistic when he said the the Giants could overtake the Reds in July 1975
- Chris had a poor year in 1976 -- he batted .226 with a .297 slugging percentage. He lost his starting shortstop job to rookie Johnnie LeMaster and reluctantly moved to second base in August.
- Speier became disgruntled and was traded to the Montreal Expos for Tim Foli on April 27, 1977
- After spending several seasons with the Expos and the Chicago Cubs, Chris came back to the Giants in 1987 to finish his career. Speier retired after the 1989 season.
- Before peak, peak, or after peak? after peak
Charley Taylor, Fun Time - 21
2 hours ago