- Dave Concepcion established himself as the Reds' starting shortstop in 1973. He didn't play a full season in '73 due to an injury.
- In 1975 Dave started a string of All Star appearances that would last through the 1982 season
- According to a poll of National League players, Dave would not have been the NL starting shortstop in the All Star Game if players had voted. Larry Bowa would have been the starter instead.
- Concepcion had a typically good season in 1976. He batted .281 with 9 home runs and 21 stolen bases. He won the second of five Gold Glove awards.
- Dave was voted to the Associated Press All Star Team after the 1976 season.
- Before peak, peak, or after peak? peak
- After the 1976 season Dave and teammate Tony Perez voiced frustration about how Latin ballplayers were forgotten and underrated.
1993 Studio Will Clark
6 hours ago