- At this point in his career Steve Braun was a left fielder who mostly started against right-handed pitchers
- Steve's 1972-1976 seasons were a nice run -- each year he batted .280 or higher.
- Braun won his arbitration case in 1974 -- the Twins offered $25,000 and he requested $31,000
- Steve lost his 1975 case -- he asked for $39,500 and the Twins offered $36,500
- Steve wanted the Twins to trade him at the beginning of the 1976 season. He (along with nine teammates) played out his option that year and took a 20% pay cut.
- Braun signed a new contract after the 1976 season instead of testing the free agent market.
- Steve was drafted by the Seattle Mariners in the expansion draft. Perhaps that was the Twins' plan all along. Sign Braun and then have someone else pay the salary. Braun made $100,000 in '77.
- Before peak, peak, or after peak? end of peak
4.23.17 Game Recap (8-12, 5 GB, 4th Place)
2 hours ago