- This five-year set of stats is full of ups and downs.
- Burroughs was the AL MVP in 1974 and also had good power years in 1973 and 1975
- Jeff's batting average fell of badly in 1975 and he also led the AL with 155 strikeouts
- Burroughs had a similar year in 1976, but he hit only 18 home runs
- Jeff was traded to the Atlanta Braves after the 1976 season. At first he didn't want to go (Burroughs contended that he had a no-trade clause), but he finally relented.
- Burroughs had a couple of good years with the Braves but then he struggled through the 1979 and 1980 seasons.
- Before peak, peak, or after peak? after peak
1979 O-Pee-Chee Moonraker
1 hour ago