- Ted Simmons was one heck of an offensive catcher. He'd be a Hall of Famer if he would have had a better decline phase of his career.
- During this five-year run, Simmons was an All Star in three seasons (1972, 1973, and 1974). He wasn't an All Star in 1975, although he finished 6th in MVP voting that year. Ted declined an invitation to the game for personal reasons.
- After the 1975 season Ted signed a contract calling for $200,000 a year for three years. At the time it was the biggest contract in St. Louis Cardinals' history.
- Simmons scolded "fair weather fans" in St. Louis during the 1976 season.
- Ted had his weakest full season of the decade in 1976, batting .291 with 5 HR and 75 RBI.
- Before peak, peak, or after peak? peak
Game 46 - 2011 Topps Lineage 1975 Mini #93 Roy Oswalt
19 minutes ago