- Ted Sizemore was an infielder (mostly second base) in the majors from 1969-1980. Sizemore was drafted by the Los Angeles Dodgers in 1966. He played in the Dodgers' system from 1966-1968 and was brought up to LA in 1969.
- Ted was the NL Rookie of the Year in 1969 -- he batted .271 in 159 games. Sizemore missed a month of the 1970 season (mid-June through mid-July) and also didn't play after September 17. He batted .306 in 96 games. After the 1970 season Sizemore and Bob Stinson were traded to the St. Louis Cardinals for Dick Allen.
- In 1971 Ted spent most of his time at second base but played SS, 3B, and OF as well. He batted .264 in 135 games in '71. Sizemore became the regular second baseman in 1972 and batted .264 in 120 games.
- Ted's best year with the Cardinals was 1973 when he batted .282 in 142 games and led the NL with 25 sacrifices. Sizemore missed three weeks with an injury in July 1974. He batted .250 in 129 games in 1974. In 1975 Ted batted .240 in 153 games.
- At the end of spring training in 1976 Sizemore was traded back to the Dodgers for Willie Crawford. Ted played a lot at 2B in April while Davey Lopes recovered from an injury and backed up at 2B after Lopes returned. Sizemore batted .241 in 81 games in 1976. After the 1976 season Sizemore was traded to the Philadelphia Phillies for Johnny Oates and a minor leaguer.
- Ted batted .281 in 152 games for the Phillies in 1977. He grounded into 25 double plays to lead the NL. Sizemore went 3 for 13 (.231) in the NLCS. In 1978 Sizemore batted .219 in 108 games. He missed about two months of the 1978 season with an injury. He jammed his throwing hand into the chest of San Diego's Gene Richards during a play at second base and fractured two bones. Ted Sizemore: 'Born Again' at Second Base - July 1978 Baseball Digest. Ted went 5 for 13 (.381) in the 1978 NLCS. After the 1978 season Ted was traded (with Jerry Martin, Barry Foote, Derek Bothelho, and a minor leaguer) to the Chicago Cubs for Manny Trillo, Greg Gross, and Dave Rader.
- Ted batted .248 in 98 games for the Cubs in 1979. On August 17 he was traded to the Boston Red Sox for Mike O'Berry and cash. Sizemore batted .261 in 26 games for the Red Sox in 1979. Ted played in nine games (.217 average) for the Red Sox in 1980 before being released on May 30.
- After his retirement Sizemore worked for Rawlings as their chief liason with major league players. He later became a senior executive with the company.
- Liked to face: Lynnn McGlothen (.563 in 16 AB); Milt Pappas (.455 in 22 AB); Bob Moose (.438 in 48 AB)
- Hated to face: Tom Hall/Harry Parker (.000 in 10 AB); Frank Reberger/Mike Torrez (.067 in 15 AB)
2017 Topps The Walking Dead Season 7
1 hour ago