- John Balaz was drafted by the California Angels in 1970. Balaz worked his way through the Angels' system from 1970-1974 as a power-hitting outfielder.
- Balaz came up to the Angels in September of 1974. John batted .238 in 14 games in '74.
- John played for AAA Salt Lake City in the beginning of the 1975 season and was called up to the Angels in late June. Balaz batted .244 in 44 games for the Angels. After the 1975 season Balaz was traded with Dave Machemer and Dick Sharon for Dick Drago.
- John hit 24 home runs for Boston's AAA Rhode Island club in 1976 but he batted only .238. Balaz played for the AAA clubs of the LA Dodgers and the San Diego Padres in 1977 and hit 28 home runs for the two teams.
- Balaz played in the Mexican League from 1978-1980 and then retired from baseball.
- John now lives with his wife in San Diego. Here is John's TTM information.