- Bob Allietta had a short major league career -- 21 games in 1975. Allietta was drafted by the California Angels in the first round (7th overall) in 1971.
- Bob worked his way up the Angels' organization from 1971-1974. Allietta started the 1975 season with AAA Salt Lake City and was brought up to the majors in May.
- Allietta went up and down from California to Salt Lake City during the 1975 season. Bob batted .178 in 21 games for the Angels in 1975.
- Bob started the 1976 season at Salt Lake City and moved on to AAA Toledo (in the Houston Astros' organization) later in the season.
- Allietta played in AAA for two teams in 1977. From 1978-1980 Bob played in AAA in the Cleveland Indians' organization. He never made it back to the majors in spite of batting over .300 in 1979 and 1980. Bob retired after the 1980 season.
- Bob is now an insurance agent in Falmouth, MA and also coaches American Legion baseball.
Exciting, boring and overwhelming
44 minutes ago