- Rich Hinton was drafted by the Chicago White Sox in 1969. He was originally drafted by the Los Angeles Dodgers in 1965 but elected to attend the University of Arizona instead.
- Hinton was brought up to Chicago in July 1971. Rich pitched in 18 games (2 starts) and had a 3-4 record with a 4.44 ERA. After the 1971 season Hinton was traded to the New York Yankees for Jim Lyttle.
- Rich was up and down between New York and AAA Syracuse in 1972. Hinton went 1-0 with a 4.86 ERA in seven games (three starts) with the Yankees before he was sold to the Texas Rangers on September 7. Rich pitched in five games for Texas and was 0-1 with a 2.38 ERA.
- Hinton was traded to the Cleveland Indians during spring training in 1973. Rich spent the 1973 season in the minors and then was released during spring training in 1974. Rich signed with the White Sox and pitched in the minors during the 1974 season.
- Rich started the 1975 season in the minors and came back up to Chicago in late July. Hinton appeared in 15 games for the White Sox in 1975 and was 1-0 with a 4.82 ERA. After the 1975 season Rich was traded with a minor leaguer to the Cincinnati Reds for Clay Carroll.
- In 1976 Hinton was up and down between AAA Indianapolis and Cincinnati. Rich was 1-2 with a 7.64 ERA in 12 games for the Reds in 1976. Hinton didn't pitch in 1977 and became a free agent after the season.
- Hinton signed with the White Sox for a third time before the 1978 season. Rich started four games for AAA Iowa and went 2-6 with one save and had a 4.02 ERA in 29 games (4 starts) with the White Sox in 1978.
- Rich made four starts in Iowa again in 1979 and then was with the White Sox. Hinton pitched in 16 games (2 starts) for the White Sox and was 1-2 with a 6.05 ERA. On July 6 Hinton was traded to the Seattle Mariners on July 6 for Juan Bernhardt. Rich went 0-2 with a 5.40 ERA in 14 games for the Mariners to finish the 1979 season. Hinton retired after the 1979 season.
- Rich Hinton now lives in Sarasota, FL with his wife and six children. He has had a Green Builder business since 1991.
Dissecting the 1968 Set
1 hour ago