- Doug Konieczny pitched in parts of five seasons for the Houston Astros from 1973-1977. Doug was the first round (4th overall) pick of the Astros in 1971 and earned a promotion to Houston after going 12-12 with a 2.66 ERA for AA Columbus in 1973. Konieczny started two games for the Astros in 1973 and was 0-1 with a 5.54 ERA.
- Doug started the 1974 season with Houston but he struggled (0-3, 7.63 ERA in six games) and was sent to AAA Denver in May.
- Konieczny was with the Astros for the entire 1975 season. Doug was 6-13 with a 4.47 ERA in 29 starts for Houston in '75.
- Doug pitched for AAA Memphis for the entire 1976 season.
- Koneiczny started four games for the Astros in April 1977 (1-1, 6.00 ERA) and missed the rest of the season with an injury. Doug pitched in three games in Class A in 1978 before calling it a career.
Stars of the 1960s: Brooks Robinson
17 minutes ago