- John Ellis was acquired by the Texas Rangers after the 1975 season in exchange for two players.
- Ellis wasn't going to get much playing time since the Rangers had Jim Sundberg as their starting catcher.
- John played in 11 games and batted .419 in 31 at bats before he suffered a broken bone in his left leg and a dislocated ankle in a sliding play at second base on May 9.
- Ellis continued to be a backup catcher for the Rangers through the 1980 season and was a 1B/DH in 1981.
- John was released during spring training in 1982.
Two Captains and Two Ravelos
2 hours ago