Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Oscar Gamble Traded -- 1976 Topps Card of the Year

  • It was a close vote (13-11), but Oscar Gamble won.

  • There were a LOT of great cards in this set. After reviewing the set, I have changed  my opinion. I used to rank 1976 about 4th or 5th in the decade of the 1970s. Now I would put this set at #1 or #2. The 1971 set is still a favorite of mine, as is 1974, 1975, and 1978. 
  • What is your favorite 1970s Topps set? The poll is on the right. :)
  • Some statistics on this set will be forthcoming in a future entry. Then it will be on to Kellogg's and Hostess.
  • If someone else doesn't pick it up in the next couple of months, I'll do the 1977 Topps set next.

3 comments:

  1. '77 Topps! That would be awesome. Lots of "missing link" cards from my childhood there, and I intend to get cracking on completing that set soon. Having a blog going while I complete it would be fun.

    My favorite '70s set, obviously, is 1975. But there are five sets in that decade that I'd be happy with as the best of the '70s.

    Oscar isn't the best card in the '76 set. Bench is. But what are you going to do? It's hard to argue with Oscar's hairdo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing 1977 would be a great read. I can't wait though I have to say I'm looking to 1976 Hostess and Kellogg's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the 77 set as well.

    ReplyDelete