- Bob Moose was drafted by the Pittsburgh Pirates in 1965. He pitched in the minors from 1965-1967. Bob started two games late in 1967 and was 1-0 with a 3.68 ERA.
- Moose started the 1968 season as a reliever and joined the Pittsburgh starting rotation in early June. Bob pitched in 38 games (22 starts) and was 8-12 with three saves and a 2.74 ERA. In 1969 Bob led the NL with a .824 winning percentage. He was 14-3 with four saves and a 2.91 ERA in 44 games (19 starts). Moose pitched a no-hitter against the New York Mets on September 20, 1969.
- Moose was a full-time starter in 1970 and was 11-10 with a 3.99 ERA in 27 starts. Bob started and lost game 3 of the 1970 NLCS (he allowed three runs in 7.2 innings).
- Bob returned to a swingman role in 1971. He pitched in 44 games (19 starts) and was 11-7 with one save and a 4.11 ERA. Moose pitched two scoreless innings in the 1971 NLCS and had a 6.52 ERA in 3 games (1 start) in the 1971 World Series.
- Moose was back in the rotation in 1972 and was 13-10 with a 2.91 ERA in 30 starts. He started game 2 of the NLCS but didn't get out of the first inning as the Reds scored four runs. In the deciding game 5 Moose entered the game in the ninth inning with the score tied. George Foster made his way to third base and with two out scored on Moose's wild pitch.
- In 1973 Bob was 12-13 with a 3.53 ERA in 29 starts. Moose missed most of the 1974 season with an injury. Moose had surgery for a blood clot problem and had to have a rib removed in order to free the vein causing the problem. He started six games (1-5, 7.57 ERA) and then didn't pitch after May 23.
- Bob came back in 1975 but had a rough start, a thumb injury, and spent some time in the minors in August. Moose ended up 2-2 with a 3.78 ERA in 23 games (5 starts) for the Pirates. His ERA was 5.88 before he went to the minors.
- Moose was mostly a reliever in 1976. He was 3-9 with 10 saves and a 3.68 ERA in 53 games (2 starts).
- Bob's career (and life) was cut short by an automobile accident. He was killed on October 9, 1976 (his 29th birthday) while on his way to Bill Mazeroski's golf course near Martin's Ferry, Ohio.
- Memories of Moose - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review - April 27, 2007
- Liked to face: Mike Jorgensen (.043 in 23 AB); Bill Robinson/Julian Javier (.056 in 18 AB)
- Hated to face: Willie McCovey (.545 with 7 HR in 33 AB); Bob Boone (.526 in 19 AB); Garry Maddox (.472 in 36 AB)
Five Random Cubs Cards
32 minutes ago