- Tom Hausman pitched in seven seasons from 1975-1982. Tom was drafted by the Milwaukee Brewers in 1971 and pitched in the minors from 1971-1974. Hausman made the Brewers ballclub in 1975 and went 3-6 with a 4.10 ERA in 29 games (9 starts).
- Hausman appeared in three games for the Brewers (0-0, 5.40 ERA) and pitched for AAA Spokane for most of the 1976 season. Tom was with Spokane for the entire 1977 season. After the 1977 season Hausman became a free agent and signed with the New York Mets.
- Tom started the 1978 season with AAA Tidewater. He was brought up to the Mets in July after going 5-2 with a 1.22 ERA in 10 starts for the Tides. Hausman started 10 games for the Mets and was 3-3 with a 4.70 ERA. Hausman started the 1979 season with Tidewater and was brought up to the Mets in June. He went 2-6 with a 2.75 ERA in 19 games (10 starts) for the Mets in '79.
- Tom stayed with the Mets for the whole 1980 season. He made 55 appearances (4 starts) and was 6-5 with a 3.98 ERA. Hausman was used exclusively in relief in 1981. He was 0-1 with a 2.18 ERA in 20 games in '81. He had an elbow injury that limited his appearances.
- Tom had injury problems (elbow and shoulder) again in 1982. He didn't appear in a game until May 25 and also missed six weeks between July 4 and August 14. Hausman made three appearances for Tidewater, which was probably a rehab assignment. Tom was 1-2 with a 4.42 ERA in 21 games on September 10 when he was traded to the Atlanta Braves for Carlos Diaz. Hausman made three appearances for the Braves (0-0, 4.91 ERA) to finish the 1982 season. Tom was released after the 1982 season.
- Hausman signed with the Pittsburgh Pirates in 1983 and made four appearances for AAA Hawaii. He didn't pitch in 1984 and then tried to come back in 1985 with Las Vegas (Padres) and Albuquerque (Dodgers). Tom's stints with those two AAA teams were unsuccessful and he retired after the season.
- Jeff Reardon listed Tom Hausman as the player he learned the most from. Reardon said that Tom took him under his wing when he first came up in 1979.
- Hausman now lives in Las Vegas.
- Liked to face: Ozzie Smith (.083 in 12 AB); Lenny Randle/Bill North/Mike Schmidt (.091 in 11 AB)
- Hated to face: Enos Cabell (.600 in 10 AB); Andre Dawson (.467 in 15 AB); Steve Ontiveros (.462 in 13 AB)
2017 Topps The Walking Dead Season 7
1 hour ago