- Jerry Grote was toward the end of his run as the starting catcher for the New York Mets in 1976
- This card represents Jerry's best offensive five-year run
- Grote made the NL All Star team in 1974
- Jerry batted .272 in 323 at bats in 1976
- After the 1976 season Jerry considered retirement due to accumulated injuries and being "tired of baseball"
- Grote started the 1977 season with the Mets but didn't play much and was traded to the Los Angeles Dodgers in late August.
- Jerry played sparingly for the Dodgers in 1977 and in 1978 before retiring.
- Grote made a comeback with the Kansas City Royals in 1981. He was released at the end of August and wasn't happy about it. Jerry also played for the Dodgers for a short time before retiring permanently after the 1981 season.
- Before peak, peak, or after peak? after peak
Two Captains and Two Ravelos
1 hour ago