Monday, February 1, 2010

1976 Topps #341 - Lou Gehrig







  • This is my second favorite subset. My favorite one is the MVP subset from 1975 Topps. I'm not going to go through a season-by-season rundown on these players since all of their career stats are on the backs of the cards. For these guys, the cards speak for themselves.
  • Most Valuable Player 1927, 1936
  • All Star Game 1933, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939
  • Yankee Teammates Recall the Greatness of Lou Gehrig - Baseball Digest July 1995
  • SABR Biography
  • Website
  • Lou Gehrig quotes:
    • "The ballplayer who loses his head, who can't keep his cool, is worse than no ballplayer at all."
    • "The Babe is one fellow, and I'm another and I could never be exactly like him. I don't try, I just go on as I am in my own right."
    • "There is no room in baseball for discrimination. It is our national pastime and a game for all."
Lou's "Luckiest Man" speech



Lou taking a swing


No comments:

Post a Comment